Furniture Features: Silentnight
Can you give an introduction to who you are and who/what your brand is? How long have you been in business? Have you exhibited at January Furniture Show before?
Silentnight group, home of the UK’s most trusted sleep brands – Silentnight and Rest Assured. Silentnight are on a mission to simply provide total sleep solutions for a nation of unique sleepers. Through our breadth of research, we understand that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to a good night’s sleep, which is why we’re delivering market-leading new product innovation and sleep technology, with the ambition to give sleepers the best, tailored sleep experience possible.
We’ve been recognised with awards from several independent bodies, supporting our positioning as the UK’s most trusted sleep brand, backed by 75 years of sleep expertise. We have maintained recognition as a Superbrand, for over 16 years, alongside accolades of Which? Best Buys for multiple mattresses across our range.
We’re committed to working to the highest quality standards for our customers, with all mattresses, upholstered beds and headboards handmade in its UK factory and rigorously tested in its one-of-a-kind in-house, SATRA-approved testing lab.
Can you tell us about your new collections/ranges that you’ll be launching at January Furniture Show?
At the show you’ll see how we are leading the industry when it comes to sleep & discover our latest product innovations; from beds, headboards and mattresses, to bedding, accessories and sleep technology. We will be launching our new Health & Wellbeing mattress collection, designed to offer better sleep, to give you the ‘lift’ you need for the day ahead. Also to feature, a new premium addition to the Studio by Silentnight collection of rolled mattresses, contemporary Healthy Growth kids’ mattresses, and the introduction of a number of new trend-led divan and headboard fabric colours.
Designed to help sleepers find their perfect mattress match for their individual sleep needs, we have additionally developed a unique piece of sleep technology, backed by in depth research conducted with scientists at the University of Central Lancashire.
Rest Assured is showcasing three premium collections of mattresses made with natural & sustainable materials, with use of luxurious British Wool. The collections; Wool, Latex and Refresh provide a supremely comfortable & indulgent sleep.
At the show we will be showing highlighting our commitment to improving our environment.
- We are proud to be the first and only sleep brand to commit to The Climate Pledge, setting a target to be net zero carbon by 2040.
- We are also the first sleep brand to use the Science Based Targets Initiative to set ambitious carbon reduction targets across our Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions. We’re committed to playing our part in keeping global temperature rise below 1.5 degrees.
- We are a Carbon Neutral+ organisation offsetting more carbon than we produce in our manufacturing processes. In the past four years we have reduced our carbon emissions by 49% and have undertaken a number of carbon and energy reduction initiatives, to reduce impact on our environment.
- We are a key member of the NBF circular economy committee driving industry change through the Green Pledge, Eco Design Awards and EPR (extended producer responsibility) development.
- We source from sustainable and responsible suppliers, we are committed to making a positive social and environmental impact through 3rd party audits and accreditations, working with organisations such as Sedex, Certipur, FSC & Global Recycled Standard.
- Silentnight Eco Design Principles involve advanced testing of materials and designing products with sustainability and recycling in mind; We repurpose 230 tonnes per year of manufacturing process waste back into pads for product that was previously put into landfill. Each year we use the equivalent of 105 million recycled plastic bottles in our comfort layers. The EcoComfort FibreTM pad is now used in 85% of all Silentnight mattresses
- We have reduced fuel consumption by 500k litres & cut our CO2 by 1 million kilos in 5 years with Big Change Transport and Delivery Management technology.
- All electricity used in our factory and offices is 100% generated from renewable schemes.
Visit their website to find out more - https://www.silentnight.co.uk